Sunday 10 January 2010

Photography vs Art


My interest in photography really stems from my interest in art. As my style has developed, I like to throw in a mix of art based images for my clients, and if I am shooting purely for my own pleasure, then this is almost a given before I start.

Here's a couple that I was commissioned for in a recent wedding. I love when my clients are really open minded and willing to try different styles for portraits or weddings, as it really makes for individual albums and prints. It's really easy to get a pleasing shot out on Oxwich Bay or anywhere on Gower really (they call it an area of outstanding natural beauty for good reason), or in the beautifully groomed parks and gardens of Swansea.


Taking an interesting wedding shot on a drab grey

day in Port Talbot is another matter - yet some of my best shots (I think) have been against industrial backgrounds with slightly surreal compositions. It's not for everyone but even the sceptical clients are usually pleased with the results once they see the final image. It's certainly very helpful to be able to take a different approach when the weather is miserable and there are no green spaces available.

No comments: